Tuesday, September 15, 2015

To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee





by





Since I was unable to remember how long ago I had read To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee,  when her newly released book came out,  I decided that before I read it,  I needed to re-visit To Kill A Mockingbird.  I have been listening to it on audio and finished it on my way home from work tonight.     There was very little of the book that I remembered so I am very glad that I chose to "read" it again.   It is one of those classics that should be read by every American more than once.  It is the story of a family in the mid 1930's in Alabama that stand up to unfairness related to race.  It is a well written story that captures one's heart.  It was published in 1960 and made into a movie in 1962.  It has won awards and is so famous that I feel there is not a lot more I can say about it that has not been already said.  I am looking forward to it's sequel,  Go Set A Watchman,  even though the reviews say it will be upsetting.    Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information.  And enjoy the video of the movie trailer below.





No comments:

Post a Comment