Sunday, September 6, 2015

Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver




by




Barbara Kingsolver never disappoints me.  One of my goals is to read all her body of work.  Her novels capture not only my interest but also my heart.  Flight Behavior is no exception.   It is the story of a woman caught in a disappointing marriage in Appalachia.  The novel covers her struggles and her family's struggles but also her growing to know herself in a new and profound way.  Interwoven in the story are beautiful butterflies.  The book describes a fictional one time wintering over of the Monarch Butterfly in Appalachia instead of their usual winter home in Mexico.  I learned a new awareness of butterflies by reading this book.  This is a novel that I would like everyone to read.  It will surely make my top ten list this year.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  This video shows Monarch Butterflies where they do really winter over in Mexico and visually shows what the book describes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment