Friday, February 12, 2016

The Wild Girl: The Notebooks Of Ned Giles by Jim Fergus




by




This is the second book I have listened to on audio by Jim Fergus.   I now consider two of his books among my favorite novels.  The Wild Girl is the story of a teenaged boy who is orphaned in Chicago and starts out across country on a road trip during the great depression.   It is the story of the destruction of  Native American people.  And it is the story of the value of all lives.  The novel is about the art of photography and the beauty of nature.  The book tells of how lives progress and times change.  It is a love story.  It is a historical novel.  This book touched my heart as much as his other novel One Thousand White Women: The Journal Of May Dodd did.   I thought often of the One Thousand White Women story when I was in the Wyoming area last summer.   In the same manner as I listened to The Wild Girl,  my mind was back in the mountains outside of Phoenix where I visited over the recent Christmas holiday.  I highly recommend this author and will read more of his books.  Please click on the links above and enjoy the video that follows.  If you don't have time to listen to the entire author's interview,  then scroll ahead to the last four minutes of the video where the author discusses this particular book.






No comments:

Post a Comment