Wednesday, December 14, 2016

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah



by



If I had to make a list of the most outstanding books I have ever read,  The Nightingale would be on that list.   I  listened to it in audio format on my way to and from work and was on the edge of my seat most of the novel.   It is the story of women in occupied France during WWII and how they were involved in  the resistance.  Most of the men in France had left to fight the Germans to prevent the occupation at the beginning of the war and were not available to participate in the resistance.  There were some men in the resistance, of course, but many women were involved.   The Nightingale is about two sisters specifically and how they came to decide to help others during the war and what danger that decision involved.  There is a movie being created from this book and if you are not a reader I recommend watching the movie.  It is a wonderful story that is both heart breaking and heart warming.  Please follow the links above by clicking on the title and the author's name to learn more and enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment