Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Top Ten Reads For 2016




My Top Ten Reads For 2016

I read some excellent books this year.  I was very difficult to pick my ten favorites.  I combined series and it was still hard.  And once I had settled on ten,  leaving out more than a couple that should have been included,  I almost changed the title of this post to my top twelve.  In the end I stayed with ten.  But then the task of ordering those ten titles to any kind of order was indeed a challenge.  So any of these ten might switch places on a different day for me.  I enjoyed them all very much.   If you click on each title you will follow a link to my blog on that book.  

10.  Life From Scratch by Sasha Martin

9.  The Kindness Of Strangers by Katrina Kittle

8.  The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Poetzsch

7.  Mud Bound by Hillary Jordan

6.  River Of Doubt by Candice Millard

5.  The Wicked Years Series by Gregory Maguire
         Wicked (read a previous year)
          Son Of  Witch
           A Lion Among Men
             Out Of Oz

4.  The Last Hundred Years Trilogy:  A Family Saga by Jane Smiley
           Some Luck
             Early Warning
               The Golden Age

3.  The Wild Girl by Jim Fergus

2.  The Mists Of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley

1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah








No comments:

Post a Comment