Thursday, December 31, 2009

Just For Contacts - an update on my family.

Scott sent me this picture of Tucker opening the gift I got him for Christmas.   It was one of those recordable books from Hallmark.   I purchased the one called "All the Ways I Love You"  shown at the bottom of the page HERE.  Soon I hope things work out better so I can visit him.   Of course besides the book,  I put a little something in the savings account I started for him on his first birthday.   On a sadder note from Scott,  Otis,  his dog I posted a picture of a couple months ago - got away and was apparently hit by a car.  He has a nasty break of a leg and I am not what the outcome is going to be.

Nicole and Michael have been moving this week.   It is an eventful time for them.   If you remember,  they did away with the elementary art program at the school system they worked at,  the end of last school year.   This fall,  Michael has been in his new school system working with the computer programing and Nicole had to stay behind for lack of a job at the new place and the complication of a mortgage.  Although they spend every week end together they wanted to be together through the week too.   So when a temporary position became available at the school Michael is at,  she decided to take the risk and go ahead and move, giving up the secure position where she was.  I wish the best for them.

Last,  on a very sad note,  Nicholas and Tabby filed for divorce today.  (Actually yesterday now)   I kept hoping that things would turn out differently but it did not.   I hope for Nick  to find a quietness and strength inside and new dreams and goals to move toward.

BTW,  the cast that is on Tucker's arm is because he tried to crawl out of his crib.  Time for a big boy bed for him!

It is only normal I guess,  but I am up late in the night,  fretting and wondering,  what the new year is going to hold for my adult children.  



3 comments:

  1. What an adorable kid Tucker is! I'm pretty sure he loved that audio book. From the title it must be a good one. I feel pain for the couple who filed for divorce. It's always sad when that happens. However, it's better to be happily divorced than unhappily married, don't you think?
    Wishing a Happy New Year to you and all yours. Belita

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all worry about kids don't we-lovely little boy Mary-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary I have a soon to be 63 year old son, and I still worry about him, his happiness and his health. When you have a child it is for all of your life. Never believe that is just until they are 18 or 21. Happy New year to all your family.

    ReplyDelete