Friday, May 3, 2013

Book Of The Week 5/4/2013: Open And Shut by David Rosenfelt



by


   If ever I am in need of a easy read whodunit book I will reach again for something by David Rosenfelt.   I started the May selection for my library book group early since last month's selection was so long and I wanted to be sure to get through May's.  But I found Open And Shut to be a very quick read.   It is about a Public Defender who goes way out of his way for his clients and who also has a golden retriever.  Since one of my grand dogs is a golden I found added charm having the dog in the book.  The main character in the book is Andy Carpenter who is defending a man who is on death row whose case comes up to be re-tried on a technicality.  The only criticism I have of the book is the same one I have nine out of ten times when I read a mystery which is I know about half way through the book how it is going to end.  But never the less this is an enjoyable book and for the mystery lovers out there David Rosenfelt is an author to add to your wish list.  Please click on the title and the author's name above to learn more and enjoy the following video.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment