Friday, December 6, 2013

Novel: In The Company Of Cheerful Ladies by Alexander McCall Smith



By



After listening to this book on audio,  I have to say that I will not be reading or listening to another of this series.  I am not a big mystery book fan plus I did not care for the narrator's voice,  but the book came off silly to me.  I don't have a good grasp of the Boatswain's culture but I hope the women there are not like in the book.  Perhaps since Alexander McCall Smith is a man he doesn't have a good grasp of a what is behind a woman's behavior.  If a person is a mystery lover and likes amusement in their mystery stories then maybe they will get a kick out of this series.  Sometimes different people enjoy different types of humor.  Being a person who dives into epic sized historical fiction novels The Number One Ladies Detective Agency series is not my cup of tea.  But do click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information.  And enjoy the short video that follows of the series that HBO actually made off of these books.



No comments:

Post a Comment