Monday, February 23, 2015

Loving Frank by Nancy Horan





by



Touring a Frank Lloyd Wright home is on my list of go to activities.  I have enjoyed three of them and two of those more than once.  About an hour north of where I live is The Westcott House, which I have been through a couple of times.  And in my favorite vacation city of Springfield, Illinois is The Dana Thomas House,  which I have also seen two or three times.  I also have had the privilege of a tour of his Fallingwater in Pennsylvania.  Therefore,  Loving Frank has been on my to read list for awhile.  Even though, being a historical novel fan,  I am not in my genre with a love story, I did enjoy this book.  I was shocked that although I knew Frank Lloyd Wright had the reputation of being a womanizer,  I had no clue about this relationship in his life or how it tragically came to a close.  I have always wanted to see Oak Park,  Illinois and tour the Wright homes there and have had an interest to see the homes he did in the Spring Green, Wisconsin area, but now I am determined to get to these locations and enjoy the tours. I especially want to see Talieson that he built for Mamah Borthwick Chaney during the events of this book.   Loving Frank is a must read for Frank Lloyd Wright fans.  It really brought home to  me  the limited choices that women had back in the early 1900s and made me grateful for the women who came before me that fought for my freedoms.  Please click on the title, authors name and the other links throughout the body of this blog to read more.  And enjoy the video that follows.





No comments:

Post a Comment