Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Who In Your Database Has Your Birthday Saturday Night Challenge



Last night's Saturday Night Challenge and the links to those that participated can be found HERE and my post of the exercise follows.  


1) Are
 there persons in your genealogy database that has the same exact birth date that you do?  If so, tell us about him or her - what do you know, and how is s/he related to you?

No one in my database shares my same exact birthdate.  
2)  Are there persons in your database that are your ancestors that share your birth day (but not the year)?   How many, and who are they?

I got hung up on the definition of "ancestor".  I have an aunt who shares my birthday.  She is living so I won't list her online to respect her privacy.   The obituary at the top of the page is my great grandmother's brother.  His name was Alonzo Shepler and he shares my birthday.   But no one in my direct line back shares my birthday.
3)  Are there other persons in your database that share your birth day (but not the year)?  How many, and who are they?

Eleven.

Jacob E Blair 8/30/1779 - this person is connected to my Sullivan line
Bryon Lester Coffman 8/30/1910 - this person is connected to my children's father's lines
Mary Bernadine Darnell 8/30/1924 - this person is connected to my ex husband's lines
Catherine Fry 8/30/1806 - this person is connected to my children's husbands lines
Hugh Hiner 8/30/1910 - the Hiner line was intermarried into my Rohrer line but no blood relation
Henry Hunt 8/30/1827 - this person is related to my Sheafor line
Selma Selvinia Martin 8/30/1893 - this person is connected to my Rohrer line
James Cornelius Schneider 8/30/1937 - this person is connected to my children's father's lines
Rollin Stine 8/30/1884 - this person is connected to my Stair line.
Jacob Weiss 8/30/1818 - this person is connected to my Moyer line.  
Ester Hettie Werley 8/30/1825 - this person is connected to my Moyer line.  
4)  For bonus points, how did you determine this?  What feature or process did you use in your software to work this problem out?  I think the Calendar feature probably does it, but perhaps you have a trick to make this work outside of the Calendar function.

I have my data base in Reunion software.  On the left task column is a choice called "FIND" and when you click on it the center opens a section that allows you to choose parameters.  I chose "BIRTHDATE" and then "CONTAINS" and then typed in my birthdate.  Then I clicked on "FIND". Only I came up in the right column.   So I deleted the year and clicked "FIND" again.  And a list came up on the right with the names I listed above,  Alonzo, myself and my aunt.  I had to click on the person's name in the right column of some of the people to refresh my memory of where they fit in my database.  

No comments:

Post a Comment