Friday, June 8, 2018

The Residence by Kate Anderson Brower




by 




     I renewed this book twice from the digital library service and it isn't because it is a bad book or a hard book to read.  It was last month's library reading group selection and I attended the meeting with only having read about one third of it.  The rest of the group members really enjoyed it and so it is no fault of the book that I took so long to get it finished.  I have just been busy.  My audio books I have finished due to listening while I commute but my reading has been limited to other projects.   But I just finally finished Kate Anderson Brower's The Residence and she does a great job of giving the recognition where it is due to the scores of men and women who keep our presidents and their families well cared for and comfortable.   Many of the stories I was familiar with already but there was new information for me within the covers of this book too.  I would not call it a history book because much of what she covers was current events during my life time.  But for those younger than me it contains a lot of history.    It is an interesting read and an easy read and many would enjoy this book.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the interview with the author that follows in the video.  






No comments:

Post a Comment