Thursday, September 13, 2018

11-22-63 by Stephen King



by


     I return to a Stephen King book every few years.  I generally take that long to recover.  While I enjoy his work,  his books stay with me and I can only stand to put so much gore into my mind.  Yet,  this novel has less than the normal amount of gore for Stephen King and I will be able to read something else by him again sooner rather than later.  I admire Stephen King's writing very much and consider him extremely talented.   In 11-22-63 a mild mannered English teacher travels back in time to try to stop the assignation of JFK.  It is an excellent book.  Since historical fiction is my genre this fit well into my area of interest.  The novel is not only exciting and suspenseful but it is also a love story.  The ending brought tears to my eyes.  Actually,  rather than reading the book,  I listened to it and it is a long book, 30 hours of listening time.  Hulu made an original mini series out of this book and the trailer follows.  Click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information.  I highly recommend to either read the book or watch the mini series.  You will not be disappointed.  



No comments:

Post a Comment