Saturday, July 11, 2020

Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks




by


The State Library of Ohio issues library cards for all Ohio residents.  Since I have a state library card, I can check out ebooks on my kindle app.  This evening, I finished the book I most recently checked out.  The novel, Caleb's Crossing by Geraldine Brooks, is amazing.   Brooks has written five novels and I have now read three of them and really liked each one.  I intend to read the other two.   Caleb is a young Native American male who lives in the last half of the 1600's on the island that becomes Martha's Vineyard.  He is taken under the wing of the family who are missionaries on the island and, being exceptionally bright, becomes accepted into Harvard.  These facts about Caleb are true but the book is fiction.  Brooks has woven a wonderful story from these sparse facts.  She has become one of my go to authors.   I highly recommend any of her novels to anyone looking for a good read.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information.  And enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment