Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Say Nothing by Patrick Radden Keefe

 




by



 When I was a teenager Northern Ireland was on the television news in the background of my life.  I was mostly unaware of the details.  Now, as my son, daughter in law and I plan a trip to Northern Ireland and Scotland in 2022, I am brushing up on the areas and the history related to them. The book "Say Nothing" is about Northern Ireland in the 1970s and some of the main players in that place and time.  Names, dates and places hit memory spots in my mind of things I heard back then but didn't really follow closely.  It is a book that is written in a way that reads like a novel but is a non fiction work.  I highly recommend it to everyone that will listen and have emailed friends and family about it as I listened to it on audio.  It immediately caught my full attention and sucked me into the details.  Click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows which is an interview with the author, Patrick Radden Keefe.  I will read more of his books in the future. 






No comments:

Post a Comment