Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Weaver's Legacy by Olive Collins

 




by




Several evenings ago I finished listening to The Weaver's Legacy on Audible. It is written by Olive Collins.  I can't say enough about how much I enjoyed this book.  It is about Irish immigrants traveling to the west and setting up sheep farming.  The main character learns to weave from a Native American woman.  The story deals with how the Native Americans were treated and that they lost their lands in the Black Hills.  It switches back and forth between the mid 1800s to early 1900s and then to the 1930s.  Three generations of people are involved in the story line. The story twists and turns and has a surprise ending that I had figured out already but really liked.  I am enjoying this trilogy very much and am looking forward to the third book.  I recommend the series to any one interested in family history or anyone that enjoys historical novels.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information.   Enjoy the following video.  






No comments:

Post a Comment