Sunday, October 23, 2022

The Healer's War by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough

 



by


For my birthday gift this year my brother gave me a kindle book to read.  It took me a while to get to it because I was reading another book at the time but once I got into it I have done little else but read it.  The Healer's War is the story of a nurse in Viet Nam during the Viet Nam conflict.  It is a fiction book but is loosely based on the experiences of several nurses, including the author.  It has a science fiction or fantasy slant to it which makes it a really good October read for Halloween.  But it also gives the reader an understanding of how complicated the conflict was.  I enjoyed the book and would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in fiction books about nursing or military history.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information.  And watch the video that follows about a real nurse who served in Viet Nam in a field hospital on the orthopedic ward just as Kitty, the main character of the Healer's War, did.  









No comments:

Post a Comment