Friday, August 26, 2016

Life From Scratch by Sasha Martin



by



Every once in awhile a book comes along that I know I will be giving away from time to time as a gift and Life From Scratch is one of those books.  I checked it out from the State Library Of Ohio on my kindle but it is a book I am probably not going to be able to go without buying a hard copy of to sit on the shelves with my other cookbooks.  Although it is not really a cook book - it is a memoir that comes with recipes.  Ms Martin tells the story of her life and  shares recipes that have been treasures for her along the way.   She also cooks a meal from every country of the world over a four year period and includes some of these meals in the book.   Her experiences in life have not been easy ones and I was crying by the time I was one quarter way through the book - but the peace and strength she is able to achieve comforts her readers.  I can't begin to explain how much fun this book is between the  tears but I will share one short quote from toward the end of the book.  

"Being happy takes constant weeding,  a tending of emotions and circumstances as they arise . . . It takes work to be calm in the midst of turmoil. " 

This work of non fiction is a quick read.  Please click on the book title and author's name above and follow the links there.  Be sure to  take the time to read her delightful  book and enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment