Friday, August 19, 2016

Mud bound by Hillary Jordan




by



At 4 a.m. this morning I finished this novel.   Even though I am  an avid reader,  I don't say up in order to  complete a book too often.  But this book  had me from the first page.   I have enjoyed it for the ten days it took me to read it and looked forward to getting back to it each evening,  but the last  chapters wouldn't let me turn off my kindle.   I will be very surprised if this book does not make my top ten list this year  even though I have read some very good books so far.   No doubt,  I have  found a new favorite writer to add to my list of go to writers.  

Mudbound is set during the post WWII time frame in the southern United States.  It is about two soldiers who came home,  two mothers and wives,  and two farmers.   One of each is black and one of each is white.  Although there are characters in the book I grew to hate,  the six main voices of the story were people I was able to obtain a great deal of respect for.  This would be a wonderful book group novel as it lends itself to discussion but even on its own it is a very meaningful and enjoyable read.  

Please follow the links to learn more by clicking on the author's name and book title above.  And enjoy the author in the video that follows.  





No comments:

Post a Comment