Sunday, July 24, 2011

From My Email Bag Tonight

2 TOUGH QUESTIONS.... INTERESTING

 
Question 1:
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?


Read the next question before looking at the response for this one.



Question 2:
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts.
Here are the facts about the three candidates.


Candidate A:
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists.  He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 Martinis a day.


Candidate B:
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whisky every evening.


Candidate C:
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never committed adultery.


Which of these candidates would be our choice?

Decide first... No peeking, and then scroll down for the
response.
















Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolf Hitler.

And, by the way, on your answer to the abortion question:
If you said YES, you just killed Beethoven.

Pretty interesting isn't it?
Makes a person think before judging someone.

10 comments:

  1. Sweet Skeez!
    I'd seen this before, but it does REALLY make you stop and think, doesn't it. Very cool.
    Thank you much for posting it on here!

    XOXO
    Me

    Funny how we freak out because Clinton inhaled, or didn't... Who cared anyway?
    Kind of keeps THAT in perspective too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the first question, I would not recommend an abortion. The question is from the perspective of someone who has the power to make decisions for others. I wouldn't put myself in that position, although others would. More importantly, what supports would we provide for such a woman, such a family? And that is a really good question.

    As for kiling Beethoven, Ludwig was the second-born, and only two younger brothers survived infancy, probably due to the mother's syphilis.

    Thanks for getting me thinking this Sunday morning. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes benne I didn't google the facts and wondered if they were true. But I thought it was a creative way to make a point about judging others anyway so I posted it. And Anne, I don't think there are all that many people who care if Clinton inhaled or not. At least it was not an issue that I worried about. But then I didn't worry if did some of the other stuff that came up as an issue for many others either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice.
    Funny, before I scrolled down to the bottom I was GOING TO SAY that the third person perfectly described Hitler. (Just showing off my knowledge of trivia.)

    Never know Beethoven's parent's had it so rough! First I'd heard of that. Fascinating.

    (PS - I knew none of those things about either Churchill or Roosevelt.....neither one of them could possibly get elected now.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that it is a good way to get people to think. Because we are very willing to judge people based on a few facts and not look at the whole of their lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SweetSkeez;
    OMG! it was SUCH a huge stink back then- One would have thought it would have been the end of the free world.

    Oh! Gasp! He smoked POT?!?!?! People were all p*ss*n' and moaning about how awful he was.
    (I believe we call those people the Republicans).
    ;-)

    XOXO
    me

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Anne it was a huge stink but not enough cared to stop him from being elected.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Twice too! hehehe
    I didn't care about any of that. (Besides, I had inhaled too). hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. As had most of the ppl voting in those elections I am sure.

    ReplyDelete