Thursday, May 10, 2012

Book For The Week 5/11/12

Elisha's Bones

by

Don Hoesel






About four am Thursday morning I finished reading Elisha's Bones by Don Hoesel.    Obtained a month or so ago off the free list at Amazon for my kindle,  I picked it because I have read books that combine mystery and archeology before and enjoyed them.  This novel held my attention.  There is quite a lot of violence in it and the main couple in the story go from one crisis to another.  Many people close to them are killed.   I was suspicious that it might have a religious twist and in the end it does end with a miracle.   Never the less it is not a book that I would categorize as "Christian Fiction".  It is G rated as far as sex and it refers to God some, and an old testament story is the basis of the novel,  but does not refer to Christianity except to note that the one person was raised protestant and the other Catholic.   It is not a book that I will put to the top of my favorite books I read in 2012 list but it provided decent escape.  And I read later than I had planned a few nights caught up in the excitement of the plot.  Click on the title of the book and the author's name to follow links to more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment