Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Spring Planting in North East Indiana

Although I needed to be cleaning house on my day off  it has been an exhausting week at work and my temperament has not been the best the last couple days.   Besides that,  I am the only one in the condo complex that I live who had not planted flowers this spring.  I never plant before Mother's Day but we have had such a mild late winter and early spring that everyone else has their places looking like it is June instead of mid May.   Therefore I decided to spend some time this afternoon  purchasing and planting my flowers and herbs.  It was a beautiful day to do so and I drove out into the country south of town to the Amish greenhouse.   Of course I got lost and had to make a phone call to figure out what I did wrong.  But after some time of driving in the beautiful country side I was at the greenhouse and wandering through making my selections.  I came home and planted them and here is the result of my efforts.






2 comments:

  1. That looks lovely Mary. Nothing nicer than opening your door to the scent of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kitty! I enjoy the way the herbs smell too. The flowers add nice color. Do you plant in Arizona like we do in the Midwest or is it too much to keep things watered?

    ReplyDelete