Sunday, June 3, 2012









by


This is the first time I have reviewed one of the Outlander  book series since I moved my blog from Multiply to Blogger.   Starting last fall,  I began listening to this series during my commute to and from work.  It has totally become an addiction for me.  I listen to which ever one I am currently "reading"  every time I get a chance.  If I am driving anywhere I am glad to get a chance to listen.  If I am peeling food at the sink, if I am ironing or  if I am sewing.    Also if I am walking on the treadmill I will listen to it.  This series of books has very much kept my interest.  It is a series that has everything.  Science fiction/fantasy,  historical fiction,  adventure,  sex/romance, and science itself.  I very much enjoy the way the main character, Clair Beecham's,   herbs and  medical knowledge are woven through out the story.   The Fiery Cross  is the fifth book in the series.  The setting is in the mountains for North Carolina before revolution.   It begins with a gathering of the Scottish clans,  which is just charming,  and later there is a small uprising in which the son in law Roger is badly hurt and finally, the quest to pursue and kill the pirate named Bonnet continues.  I am already well into the sixth book of the series.  When I finish the seventh I will wait anxiously for the eighth book to be released.  It is expected to hit the shelves early in 2013.   As always,  click on the book title and author's name to follow links to more information.   I highly recommend this series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment