Monday, June 11, 2012






The Marriage Bureau For Rich People is the June selection for my library book group.   It is a novel about a dating agency in India.   It is written in an amusing manner and I enjoyed the interaction of the man that was the owner of the agency and his wife.   I found the book very informative about customs revolving around marriage in both the Hindu and the Muslim culture.     Never the less,  I did not appreciate the way women were viewed by the books characters or the expectations of women that were described in the book.   This is Farahad Zama's first novel and he has done a nice job on it.  Follow the link over the book title and the author's name to learn more.    Although this book will not be on my list of favorite books I read in 2012,  I am glad I read it as it deepened my understanding of another culture.  


No comments:

Post a Comment