Sunday, October 21, 2012

Book For The Week: Wild Orchids by Jude Deveraux



by

Jude Deveraux is known for her love stories and I am not a fan of love stories.  No Harlequin Romance Novels for me!  But when a contact from another site recommended this book to me it sounded interesting and I thought it would make a good book to read in October since it included the occult in the story line.  So I moved it from my wish list to my kindle a week or so ago and two nights this last week I was up way past my bed time with my nose in my kindle.  This book is a comedy/ romance/mystery/scary kind of book and I really enjoyed it.  I actually laughed out loud more than once while I was reading it and was on the edge of my - well I don't read in my chair but it is obvious what I mean.   In this novel a young woman takes a job as an assistant to an author and they move to a small southern town to write a novel about an old unsolved murder mystery.   The murder turns out to be involved with a spell from the devil as the author and his assistant do the research to solve the crime.  Perhaps the book would have been a lot more frightening to me if I were a person that believed in a personified evil but since evil to me is more of a negativity rather  than a man dressed in red with a pitch fork I was not overly terrified.   Jude Deveraux does a nice job with character development and the book is an easy read.  I flew through the book.  While I would say this is under the category of "fluff book",  there is a time and a place for fluff.  I highly recommend this for a Halloween novel.  Remember to click on the author's name and the title of the book above to follow the link to more information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment