Saturday, August 10, 2013

Book Of The Week: 8/11/2013 - The Postmistress by Sarah Blake



by 


The August selection for my library reading group is The Postmistress by Sarah Blake.   I finished reading it last night and it is a book that asks lots of questions.  Such as: Is life a mere series of random events that we have no control over?  Do we have a significant responsibility to make a difference to others and participate and steer events?  Sarah Blake offers no answers to the questions that she raises within the context of her story. We will not run out of topics during reading group on this one. The time frame of the novel is WWII.  There is a cast of characters with various outlooks and life experiences.     This was a story that it took me awhile to get into.  The book is very well written but it is written in a tone that did not click with me. Perhaps it was just my lack of focus but I had trouble keeping the various characters straight.  In addition the settings jumped around a lot and I felt I never really arrived at any of the locations.   Please click on the title and author's name above and enjoy the video below.   While this book will probably not make my top ten titles for 2013,  I am glad I read it and it was an enjoyable read.





No comments:

Post a Comment