Friday, July 26, 2013

Book Of The Week 7/26/13: The Women Of The Cousins War


and the 

by

This non-fiction book is a companion book the series The Cousins War.   It clears up which parts of Phillipa Gregory's novels The While Queen,  The Red Queen and The Lady of the Rivers are parts that are fact and which parts are conjecture.  Reading the non fiction accounts of these women also helped make some connections between family lines that I had missed when reading the novel because the medieval royal and aristocratic families are very intertwined.  I will admit that I had trouble staying focused on the non-fiction approach and enjoyed the novels much more.  Never the less this book was a good fill in and clarifying tool to use while I waited the couple weeks I had to wait for the fourth book in the series to be released.  The White Princess was released yesterday and I started listing it to it last pm.   Please follow the links in the titles and author's names to learn more and enjoy watching the videos that follow.

1 comment:

  1. A significant correction to the text. I am a little tired tonight and made an error. The fourth book in the series is The King Maker's Daughter. I was waiting for the fifth book in the series - The White Princess to be released. And I keep forgetting to mention that in The King Maker's Daughter as Anne was dying in the novel she said "I am the King Makers daughter. And what an empty crown it is." I thought that was a pretty wonderful line as one digests how ruthless these people were about obtaining and holding the crown.

    ReplyDelete