Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay


by



It has been awhile since I sailed through 320 pages in two evenings but Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay pulled me in and I could not stop reading it.   It is the July selection for the Columbia City library reading group that I have continued to read along with after my move from NE Indiana to SW Ohio.   The Sarah's Key story line moves between the life a modern day journalist and Occupied France during WWII.   Sarah is a young  Jewish girl whose family was arrested during the Vel' d' Hiv.   Sarah was age ten at the time her family was taken.  In order to save her brother she quickly locked him into a cupboard in her bedroom and kept the key with her thinking she would return later that day and let him out.  Her part of the novel is spent trying to escape to get back to release her brother from the cupboard.  The modern day journalist discovers Sarah's story and becomes obsessed with finding her.  It is a page turner that will definitely be a contender for my top ten list this year.    I highly recommend this book.  Follow the links for more information by clicking on the links at the title and the author's name above and also the one found in the text.  In addition,  enjoy the two videos that follow.  






No comments:

Post a Comment