Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Letter From Ireland by Mike Collins




by




This little book I got off the free list for kindle from Amazon in July and I savored it by reading only one chapter a day and then forgot to blog about it because I am still getting the weekly letter in my email from Mike and enjoying each and every one.  It is a delightful idea to tie my  family tree interest like this into the culture and history of one of the European countries that some of them immigrated from.   My Sullivan line is the only line in my genealogy that I can think of that is truly Irish.  I have other lines that immigrated from Ireland but I am pretty sure they were only in Ireland for about a hundred years having immigrated from Scotland prior to that.  So my "Irish"  lines are "Scots Irish"  sometimes called "Scotch Irish".   But even with just the Sullivan line being Irish I still enjoyed reading about the areas the clans evolved from and the way various surnames came up from the professions such as medicine and law.  I also enjoy the descriptions of the environment and culture of Ireland in the book and letters.  Please click on the title and the author's name above to learn more and enjoy the video that follows.  

No comments:

Post a Comment