Sunday, August 30, 2015

Documentary - Lifting The Veil

The last few weeks I have been going through my book marks,  both on my MacBookPro and my Mac Mini, and saving the links that are still good to my Pinterest account.  I have been making boards and organizing the links in order to make it easier to find them.  In doing this,  I ran across a video that someone had asked me to take the time to watch.  I had book marked it and forgot about it.  Since I re-discovered it,  last week I took the time to watch it.  I am not able to post the video here on my blog due to copy write issues but to go watch the video click HERE.    It is far left stuff.  I am left of center in most of my opinions but cross party lines on some issues.   Even after watching the video, I am an Obama supporter.  Of course,  I do not agree with every choice our president  has made but I realize I am not going to agree on everything that anyone says.  This video has re-emphaisized to me that President Obama is a moderate.   As I watched the video,  it became clear to me once again that most of Americans are moderate.  Therefore any president elected is probably going to be a moderate.  I remember from my college level American History that our three branches of government are designed to be opposing forces to prevent our country from going too far off in any one direction.  Since the  president determines the Supreme Court,  it will be a mix of democratic or republican ideologies, depending upon when the nomination of the individual  occurs.   That leaves our House and Senate to be the place we can put people who are more in keeping with our particular side of the various issues.  In my opinion,  it is unfortunate that the more conservative voters have accomplished this while the more liberal voters have not stepped up to the plate.  We need to change our emphasis.   I am not saying the president doesn't matter,  but it is an office that will be by nature in the middle while the house and senate can be more one extreme to the other.  While I am sure I will most likely continue to vote democrat in the presidential election,  I intend to look more closely at where the various congressmen/women and senators stand on various issues.   But then,  maybe eery one else has already figured that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment