Monday, September 12, 2016

The Who Would You Go Back And Interview Challenge


Doris Ellen Shively

1908 - 1994


Although late with the Saturday Night Challenge due to a wonderful wedding I attended over the weekend,  I wanted to participate belatedly.   The particulars of the challenge and links to the other entries can be found HERE but the basic premise is to state if I could go back in time and interview someone who would it be and what would I ask.   The challenge was more specifically what event I would want to go back in time and re-visit to complete interviews during, but I could not think of one specific event.   Yet if I were to pick a person who I had plenty of time to spend with and did not take advantage of the wealth of information available she would have been willing to share it would be my father's mother.   As you can tell from the picture of her I have posted at the beginning of this entry,  my grandmother Doris was my pretty grandma.   She always was dressed over the top and her hair and make up was completed to perfection.  I was lucky to be able to visit her in her home in Fort Wayne Indiana many times,  although we did not live in the same city while I was growing up.  I always had fun when I spent time with her.  Although she was more than willing to tell stories about family members I did not take notes and I did not ask enough specific questions.   I would ask her to tell me more about her mom and dad.  I would question her about her grandparents and her aunts, uncles and cousins.   And I would ask her to tell me specifics about my dad while he was growing up.   Her Find A Grave page can be found HERE.  



No comments:

Post a Comment