Monday, October 23, 2017

Dead Wake by Erik Larson




by




Last evening I finished reading Dead Wake by Erik Larson.  I had checked it out on my Kindle App on my iPad from the Ohio State Library.  I renewed it three times.  It is not a long book but I have been reading more than one book at a time so my time was divided between this title and a couple of longer fiction titles.  The fiction ones I could not renew and had to read within the allotted time so in other words,  I got side tracked.   I wanted to explain this because I don't want to give the impression I had to renew Dead Wake because I wasn't interested in the book.  It is a very well written suspenseful non fiction book.  Erik Larson is an artist with his approach.  He builds suspense and as a reader I felt like I was on the ship.  The people he described became real to me.  In fact,  this is one of the best non fiction books I have ever read.  With the 100 year anniversary of WWI,  it is an excellent time to read this book.  I highly recommend it.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  





No comments:

Post a Comment