Wednesday, November 1, 2017

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green




by



During the times in my life that I have been single I have had a dating rule that I was pretty firm about.  Which was - no second chances.  If I broke up with a man or he broke up with me then that was the end of it.  No getting back together and trying again.  I did break that rule a few times but,  with the exception of one person,  always regretted it when I did attempt a second chance relationship.   So I am not sure why I keep letting John Green break my heart.  I read his Looking For Alaska and was reduced to a puddle of tears.  I listened to Paper Towns on audio and was prepared that time so I managed to be just choked up and very blurry eyed.  And I resisted reading The Fault In Our Stars because I have not felt the need to sob.   But of course I wanted to read it.  I planned to read it eventually.  So several months ago I put it on hold on Overdrive.  I had to wait a long time for it but finally it was checked out to me and I finished it night before last.  Of course I had to have a box of kleenex near by.   But I loved it as I loved his other two books.  I do not read love stories.  I am an historical fictional genre person.  But John Green's books are an exception for me in that regard too.  It is the story of teenagers who have cancer.   It is a very uplifting book.  He dedicates it to an online friend he had and that person's site can be found HERE.   If you don't want to read this book . . . then watch the movie.  It is a great story.  I have posted the video of the movie trailer at the end of this post.  Please click on the book title and the author's name above to follow the links to more information.   And know I will read more of this author in the future.  





No comments:

Post a Comment