Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs



by




My local library book group met yesterday and discussed The Hamilton Affair by Elizabeth Cobbs as the selection for this month.  I did not get my blog written prior to the meeting because I only finished the book the evening before so I felt that maybe I would get some added input from the meeting and delayed writing the review.  I was pleased that I was asked why my review was not written.  My blog is occasionally read.   The book was not well liked by those that attended the meeting.  While my genre is historical fiction I do not feel like this book is historical fiction.  It is more of a historical romance.  It lacked the depth of detail that I like in a historical fiction novel.  Each chapter jumped chasms of time.  While reading the book I felt like the author didn't want to take the time to write the type of book the story demanded.  She had identified a great basis for a story and a wonderful idea for a story line.  I was disappointed with the book.   But it is an easy read about an interesting topic and many others may well enjoy it.  It has also interested me in reading more about Elizabeth Schuyler Hamilton.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to follow links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  






No comments:

Post a Comment