Friday, April 20, 2018

Big Stone Gap by Adriana Trigiani




by




I finally read Big Stone Gap.  It has been on my to read list for a long time.  I  enjoyed The Shoemaker's Wife by this author so much that I wanted to read more books by her.   Big Stone Gap is a comedy romance and has a much different tone than The Shoemaker's Wife.  Both books made me cry but I didn't cry as much reading Big Stone Gap as I did reading The Shoemaker's Wife.   Big Stone Gap is about a young woman who lives in a small town in the Appalachian Mountains.  It is the  story of her life and how she grapples with her back ground and finally is able to love a man who has been in the back ground of her life since third grade.  The characters in the book are delightful and it is a fun read.  It is not a book that will be a classic but it is a nice escape.   If you don't want to escape reading the book then escape watching the movie.  The movie trailer is at the end of this blog.  If you click on the book title and the author's name above you will follow links to more information.  The book is worth your time if you want a light, fun read.   I checked it out on my kindle app from the library. 







No comments:

Post a Comment