Saturday, August 18, 2018

A Spool Of Blue Thread by Anne Tylor




by


I don't know what to think or say about this novel.  The author does a great job with character development.  I really liked the people in her book.  The story held my interest and I was drawn back to it when away from my reading time.  The novel was not really sad but something about it I found very depressing.  Anne Tyler is spot on with how disillusioning life can be at times and how disappointment surrounds family relationships.   She weaves a heartwarming story but there doesn't seem to be a point to it.  Her books have won awards and are very highly regarded.  Time will tell if I will read any of her other work.   And I am not sure I would recommend the book.  She is not telling an exciting story or leading the reader through any ethical discourse.  But her novel is not an empty headed read either.  Those who like to ponder relationships will enjoy this well written book.  I guess I am just going to have to take some time to digest it to form an opinion.  I do think it might be a good title for a discussion in book group.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow links to more information.  And enjoy the video that follows.  



No comments:

Post a Comment