Monday, August 6, 2018

Second Glance by Jodi Picoult




by




The audio version of this book is very well performed.  It is a ghost story.  I was confused in Part One of the book because it seemed to jump around and I was wondering if I had discovered the first Jodi Picoult book that I didn't like when I made it to Part Two and the story line began to come together for me and make some sense.  I still struggled with the supernatural parts of the novel  but over all enjoyed the book very much.  Jodi Picoult always addresses an ethical issue in her books.  This book revolves around the ethics of genetics.  She ties the past problems with the eugenics movement and how it slid down the slippery slope to Hitler and the Holocaust to todays questions that modern strides in DNA and genetic research have brought to the surface.  Jodi Picoult is a go to author for me and I know I can always enjoy her novels.  Please click on the book title and the author's name above to follow the links to more information.  The videos below ares interviews with Jodi Picoult and the latter part of the videos discuss other novels by her.  But the information is still interesting about how she researches and writes her books.  








No comments:

Post a Comment