Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Jingle Bell Pop by John Seabrook




by


Audible provided members a free choice of an Audible original this month and I chose Jingle Bell Pop by John Seabrook.  It is a short book and only took a little over an hour to listen to.  I enjoyed it.  Background information was provided for many favorite Christmas songs.  I learned who wrote them and how they came about to be created.  I learned what time frame they were written.  Some of the songs covered were centuries old and some were just produced last year.  This book was a fun read.  John Seabrook has a longer book about the origin of other music that I am now interested in reading.  It is called The Song Machine:  Inside The Hit Factory.  If you are an Audible subscriber I recommend this book to enjoy this holiday season.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.  It is one of the Christmas songs that is covered in the book.  


No comments:

Post a Comment