Thursday, March 21, 2019

March by Geraldine Brooks




by



As a child I read Little Women and I re-read the book a few years ago after visiting Concord, Massachusetts and touring Louisa May Alcott's home.  I had also read the sequel Rose In Bloom  as a child.  Therefore the March family is one that I grew up holding dear.  So when I read of a recommendation for the book March by Geraldine Brooks I snatched it up.  I was not disappointed.  It is the story of the father in Little Women.  He leaves, in the original book, for one year to be a chaplain in the Civil War.  Modern author Geraldine Brooks decided it was time we had the story of his year away and so she wrote it.  From page one it mesmerized me.  Brooks makes the people in the story seem very real and places the reader at each and every scene.  I will definitely read more of this author.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to follow the links to more information and enjoy the video that follows.


No comments:

Post a Comment