Saturday, June 22, 2019

Confederates In The Attic by Tony Horwitz




by



     After the news of Tony Horwitz's death was on the news I decided it was time to listen to an audio book that had been on my to read list for a long time.  Confederates In The Attic is a book that was written by Horwitz in the 1990s.  It is a travel log of his experiences in visiting civil war sites and interacting with various re-enactment groups in the south.  He also interviews southern blacks and their feelings about civil war monuments.  The book has a lot of details about battles.  Horwitz intersperses humor and sadness through out his experiences.   I enjoyed parts of it.  The section where he visits Shilo,  where he explores Gone With The Wind, and his visit to Andersonville were my favorite parts of the book.  It  is a well written non fiction book and I am glad I listened to it.  But I do think it is more of a book for guys.  Please click on the book title and author's name above for more information and watch the video that follows.  







No comments:

Post a Comment