Monday, June 24, 2019

The Hitch-Hikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams





by




     This is a book that I checked out from the State Library Of Ohio on my kindle app.  I have had it on my "to read list" for quite some time.  Many times I have noted it recommended by others and I wanted to see what it was about.  This novel has a large fan base.  Its followers are almost cult like in their adoration of all the books in this series.  Because of this I think I expected too much.  Fantasy or science fiction are not my genre although I occasionally do enjoy a book that is one or the other.  The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy is supposed to be a comedy and too make significant philosophical statements.  The comedy went over my head but comedy does that with me sometimes.  And since the author, Douglas Adams, is British it might be that it is a cultural divide type thing as British humor often goes over my head.  Any philosophical statements in the book also whizzed right by me.  I don't blame the novel because obviously many people belly laugh over this book and feel it has moved them to a higher plane philosphically.  The fault I am sure is in me and not the book.  Originally this book was a radio show, ater it became a novel, at one time it was a television show  and a hitch-hiker movie was created.   Nevertheless,  I will not be reading the rest of the series or seeking out the radio show, television show or movie.  But don't let me stop you from reading it and enjoying it.  Please click on the author's name and book title above to learn more.  And watch the movie trailer that follows.  







No comments:

Post a Comment