Saturday, December 28, 2019

Becoming by Michelle Obama




by




     The December reading selection for my local library book group  was Becoming by Michelle Obama.  This book is an autobiographical work.  I listened to it on audio and the author narrates the book herself.  It was wonderful to hear Michelle tell her story in her own words.  As a democrat,  I miss the Obamas being in the Whitehouse and the message of this book was one of hope.  There were many things that could be meaningfully quoted from the book but two statements that jumped out at me where 1) "Bullies are scared people on the inside and scary people on the outside."  and 2) "It was possible, I knew, to live on two planes at once.  To have ones feet planted in reality but pointed in the direction of progress.".   I hope everyone reads this book.  It is impossible for me to explain everything that  Michelle explains so one needs to experience the book  for themself.  This non fiction work  is extremely inspirational and entertaining at the same time. I enjoyed it very much! Please click on the book title and author's name above and follow the links to more information.  And watch the video that follows.  





No comments:

Post a Comment