Tuesday, January 4, 2022

The Orphan Collector by Ellen Marie Wiseman

 



by


One of my Christmas gifts was a kindle edition of The Orphan Collector by Ellen Marie Wiseman.  I whizzed through it during my vacation.  It is one of those stories that holds a person's attention.  It is about the 1918 flu in Philadelphia which is, of course, very timely with today's issues.  It is the story of a young girl and how it affected her and her family.  She loses both parents and then loses track of her infant twin brothers when she comes down with the flu herself.  Although she survives the virus, she ends up in an orphanage and then the remainder of the book is spent with her looking for her brothers.  I was almost ashamed of myself for liking the book so much because it is filled with so much tragedy.  But it is a really good book and I highly recommend it.  The novel is fiction and would make a great book group selection.   Please click on the book title and author above to follow links to more information and enjoy the video that follows. 




No comments:

Post a Comment