Thursday, August 22, 2024

A Clash Of Kings by George R R Martin

 




by




The second book of George R R Martin's A Song Of Fire and Ice series is A Clash of Kings.  It is the book that season two of the renown Game Of Thrones television series is based on.   During this election season in the United States reading this series is my escape.  I do keep one eye on the headlines.  But after the 2016 election sent me spiraling into a very sad place I intend to keep the state of the union in perspective.  So spending time in the land of the Westeros is doing that for me.  During this book the character's stories that were started in  book one continue.  We follow Ayra's journey to not be discovered by the Lannisters as she tries to get back to her mom and brother. Jon Snow adjusts to the wearing the black and ventures out with the rangers into the woods and mountains beyond the wall.  Sansa is stuck at the Red Keep and does her best to stay alive.  Catelyn struggles to go on with out Ned as she agonizes over her children's fates.  Bran learns what gifts he has now that he is paraplegic. Daenerys struggles to find support to return to Westeros and reclaim her family throne.  Tyrion and Theon's stories also continue.   This book is bloodier than the first because there are five kings warring for the iron throne so more than a few battles are fought.  The book is, like the first one,  over a thousand pages.  I checked it out from the library on my Kindle and  I was surprised that I did not have to renew it.  I finished it three days before it was due.  And I am looking forward to book three.  I was sucked into  the television series but I am enjoying the books even more.  The television series didn't leave much for the imagination.  I highly recommend reading the books.  Although having watched the television series makes following the books easier,  the books are making relationships, connections and details clearer to me than they were after watching the show.   They are not children's books and are adult reading, but they are excellent books.  Please click on the book title and author's name above to learn more information and follow the link below to enjoy the video.  

Click HERE.  

No comments:

Post a Comment