Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak




by



Every once in a while one comes across a book that makes one's hair stand up on their arms and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is one such book.   I listened to it on audio and the performer was outstanding.  The book is narrated by the grim reaper and is about a small town in Germany during WWII.  The main people in the book are not in agreement with The Third Reich.  They are poor,  every day people who all live on the same street.  The characters are well developed and the relationships between the people are bitter sweet.   One of the bombings described in the book made tears spill down my cheeks.  While listening to the book I felt I gained an understanding of what it was like to be in Germany during WWII.   This book was made into a movie for those that are not readers and want to enjoy the story.  Please click on the book title and authors name above to follow links to more information.  And enjoy the video that follows.  This book has been on my wish list for a  while and I was glad that the CC library book group chose it for their June 2014 selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment