Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Underground Rail Road Freedom Center Visit - 6/2014



June 2014
visit to 
Cincinnati, Ohio



My first visit to The Underground Rail Road Museum in Cincinnati, Ohio was in the fall of 2011.   During that visit I spent the afternoon experiencing the second floor of the museum, which is about the historical slave experience in the US.  I did get to the third floor but there was not enough time to spend there.   Yesterday when I went for my second visit to The Freedom Center,  I started on the third floor.  Again I spent the afternoon and again I not only became saturated but ran out of time before absorbing all the information.  This museum is a place to visit several afternoons in order to process the experience provided.  The displays are very well presented and I highly recommend it as a place for people to put on their list of places to visit.   Click on the link in the title of this blog to go to the site for the museum.  On the third floor is the area about slavery today.  The following video is over a half hour long but it is an important video.  Please take time to view it, even if you need to take more than one sitting to do so.



No comments:

Post a Comment