Monday, March 2, 2009

Book Tuesday -03/03/09



...And Ladies Of The Club
by







Summary (From the publisher):
Set in a small Ohio town and spanning over sixty years, "...And Ladies of the Club" centers on the members of a book club and their struggles to understand themselves, each other, and the tumultuous world they live in. It is an intimate portrait of small-town life, a celebration of the unbreakable bonds of friendship, and a fascinating exploration of how historical events shape individual lives.

(I started to read this novel when I was a member of a ladies reading club before I moved from the community I lived in prior to this one.   It is a long book and between working full time and taking care of my family,  I would pick it up when on vacation or sick with the flu.   I finally completed it about four years ago,  and cried alligator tears at the end.  Many of you may have already read it as it was quite popular in the 1980s.  If not,  you really should not miss the enjoyment of reading this novel. Don't forget to click on the author's name to read more about her!) 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary Ellen, long time no speak with! I knew you'd have some interesting blogs on books. I want to get a list again going...need to get back to a love of mine...reading. I hope you are doing well...I always appreciated your input and found you here. Hugs dear. Dani

    ReplyDelete