Thursday, May 12, 2011

Book For The Week - 5/13/2011

Yesterday

by


Fern Michaels



Publisher Comments:

Raised on her father's South Carolina plantation, Callie Parker wanted for nothing, and now she is about to marry wealthy local scion Wyn Archer. But her wedding wouldn't be complete without the three people she grew up with under the sheltering branches of the angel oaks at Parker Manor.
There's Bode Jessup, part brother and part idol, who has become a wildly attractive man. Next is Brie Canfield, Callie's freckle-faced playmate, now an FBI agent with a life of her own. Last is shy waif Sela Bronson, whose only reason for returning to Parker Manor is to escape an unhappy marriage.
As Callie's childhood companions gather to relive the charmed years they spent together, they discover how little they know of their beloved yesterday...and how one woman's darkest secret can tear them apart.


(I finished listening to this audio book a week or so ago.  My younger sister suggested I try a book by Fern Michaels called "Seasons of her life"  but I could not find that one on audio so I obtained "Yesterday"  by the same author.  I enjoyed the book.  It is a fluff book.  I would put it in the same area  of the  book shelf as Danielle Steel or Nora Roberts or a Harlequin Romance book.  It is not serious fiction by any means.  But it provides a good escape and it held my interest. Click on the authors name and the book title to learn more.)


11 comments:

  1. It might be good.
    But then again, what kind of parents would name their baby after a member of the phyllus drysophila?

    (Just kidding, but I do recommend "A New Leaf" to anyone who's never seen it. It stars Walter Matthau and Elaine May and Ebert gave it 4 stars when it came out. It's a comedy on the dry side, and made my list of top 100 movies. For what it's worth.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - never heard of fern micheals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smile. I am sure the author would be found on the chick lit shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, nevertheless, I recommend seeing "The Last Leaf" with Walter Matthau and Elaine May. It's old, but it's not dated. It's got heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait. Maybe I've got the name wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did have it wrong, it's called "A New Leaf", but still featured Walter Matthau and Elaine May, and I loved that darn movie.
    I think if you liked "The Christmas Carol" with Alastair Simm, (by far the best adaptation of Dickens's novel) you'll also like this one.

    I could explain why in detail, but might be better if you just boughtt or rented the darn thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, nevertheless, I recommend seeing "The Last Leaf" with Walter Matthau and Elaine May. It's old, but it's not dated. It's got heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here: if you liked Walter Matthau, you'll like this movie. It may be his finest work.
    Ok, all of his works were fine.
    So, hey, just, if you liked him in movies, you'll like "A New Leaf".
    Honest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, wasn't "Yesterday" by Paul McCartney?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes indeed there was a song called Yesterday by the Beatles or one of them anyway. I think it sounds like "A new Leaf" is a movie. I will look for it. "Yesterday" by Fern Michaels is a novel.

    ReplyDelete