Friday, February 17, 2012

Book For The Week - 2/18/12 - Part One


THE MAGIC TREE HOUSE SERIES
BY
MARY POPE OSBORNE






This has been such a busy week that I have not gotten the three books I finished up posted on Multiply.  Over the weekend I had the privilege of having Haily and Tyler for an overnight stay.  Haily and Tyler are my "ex-step"  grandchildren but we still claim each other as grand kids and grandma and their mommy is good enough to let me have them for a weekend about every other month.   Normally my daughter Nicole joins us but at the last minute she had to cancel due to a bad upper respiratory infection.    Usually when we make the two hour trip to or from their home to mine we have Nicole's dvd and two monitors set up on the back of the front seats so the kids can watch a movie during the drive.  But since I had no Nicole, I had no vehicle DVD player.   Last summer I purchased a portable deck that my IPOD plugs into  for just such situations and in the fall I had loaded some Raffi songs on it.  So after getting the kids all buckled in on the way to my house I was good for about twenty thirty minutes and the songs were done.  We made it home fine with playing I spy but we also made  plans for the to pick a book to listen to on the way home on Sunday.   Audible has a section for kids and they both picked Magic Tree House Books.  One lasted an hour and a half and was about a Haunted Castle.  The other book lasted a half hour and was about a Tornado in Pioneer times.  The books kept the kids occupied and I enjoyed listening to them too.  As always,  click on the title of the book and the author's name to follow the links and learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment