Friday, February 17, 2012

Book For The Week - 2/18/12 - Part Two

Voyager

by

Diana Gabaldon




As I mentioned in the prior post I drove the grandchildren back home on Sunday.  Afterward I had the luck to meet up with my son Scott for a late lunch.  I shopped my way home - it really is not a good thing for me that they put that Carsons store in at Warsaw - and then took a little nap because I had picked up a short shift from 11p to 3a at work Sunday night.  On my way to and from work I listen to audio books and Sunday night I finished up "Voyager"  by Diana Gabaldon.   "Voyager"  is the third book of her "Outlander"  series.  I am totally hooked on the series.  It makes my commute go by very fast and I can't wait to get in the car to listen to the story some more.   In this third book of the series,  Claire returns to the 1700s from 1968.  She is reunited with Jamie and they are soon  off on an adventure to the Caribbean.   Of the three books I have "read" so far in this series I would place "Voyager"  at a close second to the original book in the series "Outlander" as far as my favorite.  The second book, "Dragonfly in Amber" , I liked but not as much as the first and third.   I think it was due to the fact it took place in France and I had trouble keeping the names straight.  But  I had no such issue in "Voyager".  It was a fun read and kept me on the edge of my seat.  Be sure and click on the title of the book and the author's name to learn more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment