Friday, August 17, 2012

Wowsers! Busted!


Rarely do I go to Walmart and when I do,  I go late in the evening, at least eleven o'clock or after.  After all it is not the most socially conscious place to shop.  Not much there is American made and the employees have no bargaining rights and not so very good working conditions.   So overall I just feel a little guilty when I shop there.   Not only that but,  when I shop at Krogers or CVS I bring my market bags.   At Walmart,  as long as I am being bad,  I figure I could use a few more trash can liners.   Occasionally though,  I need an item or two and just a few groceries.  Certainly I had a need for a couple of new sweat pants and hoodies for my up and coming very long train ride, so this evening,  shortly after eleven,  I headed out to Wal-mart, sloppily dressed in very old sweats and with out a stitch of make up.  As expected, when I arrived at the store there were just a few customers along with the  exploited employees stocking the shelves and a few other people who shop late at night.   I meander through the store and wander up to the check out and suddenly the place is packed with people.   I had no idea that The Hunger Games DVDs went on sale at midnight.   Who would have thought.   Hmmm.  maybe I should put the trilogy on my kindle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment